PA6FUNQSL: PLEASE, SEE BIOGRAPHY
Next we activate:
- 22 july until 12 august 2013 acivating Ameland island, EU-038, JO23VK on 6 meter, QRO on Tropo, Es and MS. QSL manager PE1GUR.
- 5 and 6 october 2013. EU-046, JO11VR, IARU region-1 UHF contest. QSL manger PE1GUR
About us. We are some "do it" ham's who enjoy islands and like to activate them by radio. On most islands there are no active radio-amateurs and on some even never has been. We like the" islands" and "ham-radio" so we combine it. By using the special call: PA6FUN we activate around the North- and Wadden-Sea, islands and lighthouses on HF, VHF and UHF too. All the activities we pay ourselfs. Ferry's, boats, housing or camping and are expensive and there are much more costs, like QSL's and special equipment to be plug and play at the specific location. No sponsers unfortunatly, just hard working, so we have to improvise to create!
The Wadden-islands in brief. These are a large string of small islands in the Waddensea. The Dutch ones belonging to the Northfrisian IOTA group: EU-038. The word "wad" means mudland. When the tide of the Waddensea is at its lowest, the sea between mainland and most of the islands getting mudlands (tidalflads) and it is posible to cross over from the mainland to a island by walking and visa versa.The German islands are belonging to the Eastfrisian IOTA group: EU-042 and streched out even to Denmark (3 islands). All these islands moving geografical slow, because of wind (storms) and seastreams. So islands are formed, like the Dutch island of Noordenhaaks. Its hard to get there, like many others, because they are emty and no one lives there. On the otherhand sandplates disapear slowly. A lot of the islands are fully nationalpark and a place for a diversity of birds, plants and seals. On some other islands cars are not alowed. Then we use a little customized trailer to get our gear at the location. The smallests German one with only 10 inhabitants is the island Neu-Werk. A Danish one has only one house! Beside this, the Wadden-islands are so unique because of its flora and fauna that they are on the UNESCO's world heritage list. Tourism is very important for the inhabitants on the islands. The "Hamradio" activity on all the amateurbands is non-or very low from both EU-038 and EU-042.
Islands of the province Zeeland. Zeeland counts 3 major islands. The islands Goeree-Overflakee, Schouwen-Duiveland and Tiengemeten are on the IOTA list, EU-146. (Nautic)Tourism and farming are very important for the inhabitants. Zeeland is the mouth of great rivers of Northern-Europe, like the Maas, Rhein (Waal, Lek) and the Schelde. For some reason the islands Noord-Beveland and Tholen are not on the IOTA-list. Because of the riverdelta there are few small sandplates too. There is general low "Ham" activity on all the bands from EU-146.
The Dutch Lighhouse Award. Because of our seas, our nation has a long maritime tradition. Since the entrance of radiocommunication on ships there is a connection with SWL and hamradio. Lighthouses and lightships are a part of our nautic history. A lot of lighthouses are still in duty, others got monuments, some got in private hands. Collect them all by making QSO' s with the Dutch lighthouse-stations. More information about the rules and how to get this award: http//www.dutchlighthouseaward.nl/awards/regels
PA6FUN activity history:
- 2012 (01-09 until 02-09): Island of Schouwen Duiveland, IOTA EU-146, QSL- manager: PE1GUR.
- 2012 (17-08 until 19-09): (ILLW) Range rear front NL-0044, ARHLS Net-047+ Range rear high NL-0045 ARHLS Net-049, Dishoek/ Kaapduinen. QSL-manager: PA3HHT.
- 2012 (29-07 until 16-08): Island of Ameland, IOTA EU - 038, QSL- manager: PE1GUR.
- 2011 (03-09 until 04-09): Island of Schouwen Duiveland, IOTA EU-146, QSL- manager: PE1GUR (log closed).
- 2011 (20-08 until 21-08): (ILLW) Lighthouse of Marken, NL0031, QSL- manager: PA3HHT (log closed).
- 2010 (17-07 until 24-07): Island of Ameland, IOTA EU-038, QSL- manager: PE1GUR. (log closed).
- 2009 (02-01 until 05-01): Island of Schiermonnikoog, IOTA EU-038, ARHLS: Net-021, QSL- manager: PE1GUR. (LOG closed).
QSL route, via QSL- manager (buro)or direct: Europe (SAE+1 $/€/IRC), outside Europe (SAE+2 $/€/IRC) is needed for postage.