PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT CHASE DXCC.
IF YOU NEED AQSL CARD WE WILL FACILITATE YOU... WE DO NOT HAVE AN OUT GOING BUREAU AND WE NO LONGER ACCEPT IRC`S.PLEASE SEND ONE SAE AND SUFFICIENT FUNDS FOR POSTAGE. ((WE ARE ON LOTW AND EQSL NOW.))THANKS CHRIS 9Y4D..
Now if you don`t get my card for some reason please email me. Do not use the cluster to gripe and cry about not getting the card like some idiots who use the cluster like it`s a chat forum..
(MOCA) THE UGLY ONE
|(SOCA) THE NOISY ONE
NOW A SILENT KEY AT11:15AM ON 4/2/17
REST IN PEACE BUDDY YOU WILL BE MISSED.
(ROCKET) THE SLOW ONE
|K3LP, W0RIC, 9Y4D, 9Y4RX, VU2PAI. DAYTON 2012
||9Y4RX, K8ZOG, 9Y4D, W0RIC. DAYTON 2012
SOME OF THE 14.240 DX GROUP. DAYTON 2012
9Y4RX, J39AH, 9Y4D
K9PG AND THE GUYS.
Information about Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago, officially Republic of Trinidad and Tobago is 8 miles of the coast ofSouth America.
Moto- Together we aspire, Together we achieve.
Independence from United Kingdom- 31 August 1962.
Currency- Trinidad and Tobago dollar TTD.
Time- UTC - 4.
Internet domain- .tt
International phone code- +1-868.
International Telecommunication Union callsigns- 9YA-9YZ; 9ZA-9ZZ.
Interesting fact is that in 16-17 century Tobago Island is owned by Latvia.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS ALL IN FUN (DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY) ALSO HOPE THE WRITER OF THIS MASTERPIECE IS NOT UPSET WITH ME USING IT ON MY PAGE. IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THIS IS SO TRUE, IN MANY CASES THIS HAPPENS TO ME. NO# 3 AND 4 MOST OF ALL
LOL . This is fun
Rules for DXing or How to have more FUN on the Bands:
The DX MODE:
1. If you come upon a pileup, find the exact DX frequency and slowly tune up your KW right on his frequency. Take your time doing this as it has maximum effect this way. The longer you take, the better. It lets others know that YOU are going to call the DX.
2. If you cannot wait to find out the DX call sign, ask, "What is the DX call sign?" On CW send DX? Call?" Do NOT listen, this takes time. DO this repeatedly until someone gives you the DX call. This will show all others on frequency that you are serious about wanting to work this DX. This is called sharing.
3. When you find out the DX call, repeat your call over and over again on the DX frequency. Even if he is working split there is a chance he may be listening on his transmit frequency.
4. When the DX says "ABC only"- Don't believe him. If he says "Europe only" - Don't believe him. If he says, "2's only" - Don't believe him. Keep giving your call "XYZ !!.XYZ !! .XYZ !! How Copy MARIO?" Make sure you use his name when you call him, he may think you are someone he knows. It must work as we hear it on bands all the time so it has to be effective. Don't pay attention to directional calls. When did any DX know what they wanted ? What matters most is what YOU want.
5. To get the DX to work other modes tell him you want to set up a schedule later which is convenient to you. You should wait until the pileup has built up to several hundred and just before the band is about to go out, then ask him to meet you on CW, PSK31, RTTY or SSB at a set time and frequency. Above all, make sure you tell him that YOU need him on these modes. This will endear you in the hearts of all on frequency, it shows that you can work more than one mode and are a well-rounded amateur.
7. When you find a DX pileup, to bring your operating skills to a higher level and impress all those on frequency - Zero beat the DX send "QRL? Is this frequency in use?" This shows character and that you are truly a caring person.
8. When finally making the DX contact, give the DX some background about yourself, TX, RX, ANT, WX, how many children and grandchildren you have, where they went to college, what size bedroom slipper you wear, or any other items of interest to the DX. This shows that you are not just a 59 kind of guy. This is most effective when the band is just about to fold.
9. After you have worked the DX you will need the QSL route. Although this will be listed on the DX packet cluster, in ARRL & DX News Letters, and on the Internet, there is no reason for you to go to all the bother of reading these sources. You can just keep calling on the DX frequency."What is the QSL Information?" If you don't get a reply with the information after 8 or 10 calls, keep it up, your persistence will payoff. There are plenty of other stations on frequency who are waiting to work the DX who have read these publications and they willing and ready to help you.
Rules for THE FUN MODE
1. For a split operation, spend most of your day listening and transmitting on the DX sending frequency. On CW, if someone calls on the DX transmitting frequency, right away using your J-38 at 4 WPM, send VP.UG.NP .UP. until you get it right. If the station continues to call on the DX frequency, then send LSD LIB LED. LIDuntil you get it right.
This has three benefits.
A. Others waiting to work the DX will be forever indebted to you for informing the offending station that the DX is working split.
B. The offending station will be grateful.
C. You will get some needed code practice to get you over that 5 WPM hump.
2. For those with CW andvoice memory keyers this will be easy. All you have to do is program in "UP"and "LID". For themore advanced operators you can add "SPLIT" "YOU IDIOT, WORKING SPLIT" .Using the memory keyers for your day's activity will save your voice. Should you happen by chance to have a QSO you will need it.
As always Work'em First Confirm Later .WFCL
K9PG, 9Y4D, K9XD, KR9A
VU2RBI AND THE GROUP.